How to Audit Current Content for Your Content Marketing System
This article is part of a series on The 8 Steps of an Effective Content Marketing System for Your Business. A FREE e-book is also available to download.
Gather Information for the Audit
Gather all of your company’s current content (sales brochures, sales sheets, videos, demos, past blog posts, etc.), look at each piece and ask the following questions:
- Does it focus on answering a relevant question within the buying process?
- Is it high-quality content?
- Is it simple and engaging?
- Does the information need to be updated, refreshed, or reformatted?
- Does it contain a call to action?
- Does it tie in to the next piece of content in the buyer process?
- Is it optimized for the keywords you are targeting?
Update and refresh the content using these questions as a guide and with your content marketing goals in mind.